Michael and I have been ridiculously productive this week. And we’re beat. If you want to skip the rest of this post and head to the adorable pictures and video at the bottom, I won’t be upset. I’m too tired to write anything remotely edifying or intelligent tonight. 🙂
Since this past Monday, we have:
- Finally installed a new toilet in our master bathroom
- Nailed in new baseboards in the bathroom
- Finished painting the walls in that bathroom
- Organized the garage
- Installed a much-needed floodlight above our garage doors
- Done almost all of our laundry
- Made more baby food for Gabriel
- Cleaned out the drawers and cabinets in the vanity and re-lined them
- Cleaned out the master vanity and re-organized bathroom supplies
- Planned youth group night for this Sunday
- Wrote a talk I am giving for the youth group night this Sunday evening
- Dealt with five days of the worst diarrhea and diaper rash Gabriel has ever had (Michael has helped of course 🙂
All of this has been in conjunction with normal work for our jobs, cooking, grocery store, errands, etc. Yikes!
We are going to bed early tonight, though. As in right after the video and pictures finish loading for this post. I’m breaking out my favorite snuggly pajama pants and fuzzy socks for the first time this winter. Helloooo cool weather!
The house projects, at least, have all been in preparation for the camp showing we are doing on Monday night for Kahdalea and Chosatonga. Gabriel’s godfather and our dear family friend, Adam Trufant, is driving down with another friend, Mark LaBelle, to do a showing in Houston at our house.
Adam and Mark are going to give a little concert in the front yard, and we’ll have food and desserts for everyone. I’m making homemade vanilla buttercream cupcakes I found on Brown Eyed Baker.
Like I said, you could have skipped down to this point in the post and not missed anything important. Most of you just come to this blog for pictures of the cutest 11-month-old in Texas anyway, right? :).
I can’t get enough of my baby boy laughing. It is the most wonderful, wonderful sound in the world to me!
He is going to hate that I posted this picture one of these days, but I don’t care right now. 🙂
He starts laughing when you don’t pull his shirt all the way off his head, so half the time I just leave it and we have some bonding time laughing together. 🙂 I have been trying to make him laugh a lot this week, since his diaper rash has been so awful that he cries through every diaper change. The Coles lent us a special powder they use instead of diaper cream now, but I accidentally left it at MDO on Friday, so we have to wait until Monday to start using it again. In the meantime, all the Boudreaux’s in the world and scaling back his food intake to plain foods hasn’t seemed to help; Gabriel’s diaper rash has stayed bad all weekend! Prayers for poor Gabriel please! 🙂