This episode has been a long time in coming! Meet my husband, Michael, the main reason why I’m able to have a blogging and podcasting ministry at all.
I think you’ll enjoy this episode where I ask Michael to tell some of our story from his perspective, and we both share what marriage, faith, and the ups and downs of life have looked like for us so far.
About Michael Franco
Michael is a Catholic husband and father of three (with one on the way!). He is a mechanical engineer and project coordinator. His hobbies include building things (really, he’ll build just about anything), hunting, fishing, and spending as much time as possible with his wife and children. He is half Sicilian Italian, so he’s got the Tall, Dark and Handsome thing going for him, too. Oh, and he’s the long-suffering main babysitter engaged by the girl behind Humble Handmaid and The Right Heart Podcast.
In this episode
- How Michael strayed away from his faith as a teenager–then found it again in college
- Our summer camp love story (including me turning him down the first time he asked me out, and the story of how I almost spent the night alone on a mountain on our first date)
- Our engagement story (it involved Eucharistic adoration–I told you he was a keeper! Plus check out this ancient treasure of a post from my second anniversary)
- Our first eight years of marriage and parenthood (the good, the bad, and the honest)
- Family Dinner (check out this episode for more info)
- Domestic Church (check out this episode of the podcast for more about our story and this beautiful movement)
- Michael’s thoughts on what has been most important for our marriage, including praying as a couple (Yep… there’s an episode for that, too!)
Michael and I the summer we met at camp. He was 23 and I was 19.
After The Texas Chainsaw Episode…
Our family recently at the parish fair
Most shots I get of us are fuzzy for some reason!
He’s such a good dad, ya’ll.