This episode is the first part of a wonderful conversation I had with Catholic blogger Jenny Ryan of Mothering Sunshine on modern motherhood and how to pass on faith to our kids. (You can listen to the second part of our conversation, which focuses more on specific resources, ideas, and traditions, here.)
You’ll feel like you’re right there at the table with us in this episode! Jenny and I hit it off immediately, and I think that both of us pretty much forgot we were recording a podcast and just started discussing life and mothering and God and grace. In fact, we had such a good conversation that I just couldn’t bring myself to edit it all down to a single podcast episode! So, I decided to make two podcast episodes out of Jenny’s interview. In the second episode (you can listen to it here), Jenny and I turn our conversation toward specific spiritual books, audio CDs, teaching resources, family devotions, traditions, and other ideas that we have used in our own families.
In this episode
- Honest talk about the problems and temptations we face as modern mothers
- What our own faith should look like before we can pass on faith to our kids
- What grace really looks like in motherhood
- Encouragement for young moms
- Lots of uninterrupted, two-moms-over-a-cup-of-coffee chatting about life and motherhood (like I said, we all but forgot we were recording!)
About Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan is a Catholic wife, mother of five, author and blogger. She writes for her own blog, Mothering Sunshine, as well as for the Holy Heroes blog. She is the author of Love with All My Might, a Catholic children’s book about prayer.