When Jenay and Chris got here at the beginning of the month, I couldn’t wait to show off my beautiful new house to them. I had slaved all weekend to get the house looking its best.
- Pulled ivy and weeds off play set and found out the playset is surprisingly sturdy.
- Cleared out patch of tropical dead plants, including three banana trees, a lemon plant, some palms, and some very thick weeds.
- Cleared out the garden patch around the outside of the kitchen (note that the “before” picture doesn’t do it enough justice to how awful it was because Michael had spent a couple of hours digging up some of the larger weeds and dead plants before I took the picture)
- Planted me an herb garden with cilantro, parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Cleaned out the backside of the front yard flowerbed so we can put in a small rock barrier for drainage purposes
- Pruned our front yard crape myrtle
- Planted my Valentine’s Day hydrangea.