I love this picture. This mom reminds me of myself: sleeves rolled up because she’s been scrubbing a baby poop stain out of her carpet, hair a mess pulled back into a scarf (well, it’s a clip or ponytail for me), with just a bit of mascara anyway.
My first day on the job was nice. I got to take a nap. And I got a lot done–and maybe that’s an understatement.
– Doctor’s appointment (with G-man in tow)
– Deposited our very first CrossCutt payments at the bank 🙂
– Took out cash for our June budget, then separated all the cash and organized our budget for the month and for vacation
– Surprised Michael by bringing him a smoothie at work
– Organized, folded and put away an enormous bag of beautiful baby girl clothes one of his coworkers gave us
– Organized the chest of drawers in Gabriel’s room to hold both Gabriel’s and Baby’s Girl’s clothes.
– Organized MY chest of drawers, refolded everything based on size, what I fit into right now, and type of clothing
– Cut coupons
– Ate lunch with Gabriel in the backyard
– Went to Walmart and Kroger (and saved lots of money with coupons!:)
– Cooked a nutritious and delicious dinner (feta chicken bake with peas and pasta salad)
– Went for a bike ride with Gabriel and Katie
– Played with Gabriel in the backyard and swung on the swing with him for a while
– Watered our plants in the backyard
– Helped a stranger push his car back to his house (well, I went and got Michael to help him at least)
– Took a shower
– Took a 45-minute nap
– Made two phone calls I’ve been needing to make
– Moved forward with two emails/projects I’ve been needing to attend to for a couple of days
– Bathed Gabriel, read to him, and put him to bed all happy and content
– Got into bed with a clean kitchen and house to wake up to (including Michael’s and Katie’s lunches already packed in tupperware for tomorrow)
So before I absolutely crash with exhaustion after realizing how much I did today and how late it is right now…some thoughts.
I’m totally, self-consciously, good-humoredly and knowingly in the “I Have to Get a LOT of Things Done Now That I’m Home All Day” phase.
I’ve been told this phase will settle down soon enough 🙂
I sure hope so. It’s hard work being in the Newbie Phase….
Laura Buller says
Slow down. Holy moly. I just want a 45 min nap! haha, no that's great! Gabriel seems very cooperative. Amazing girl!
Kate Dawson says
What a gift to stay home with your children! Love you!
Wow, I'm lucky if I get all that done in a week!
WOW! You're rockin' it!