You’re going to love this fantastic episode with Creighton Practitioner and Catholic wife and mother of four Danielle van Haute. At a little over 43 minutes long, it’s admittedly a four-plus-loads-of-laundry or a morning-then-evening-commute kind of a time commitment, but I don’t think it will disappoint.
We start off with the what, why and how of the Creighton FertilityCare Model of natural family planning, and move into the good, the bad and the humorously awkward of Catholic married sex. Look for lots of laughs especially in the second half of the show.
Our conversation ranges from the amazing possibilities of NaPro technology for treating infertility to late-night-with-a-glass-of-wine girl talk at its finest.
Links from this episode:
Creighton FertilityCare Model of Natural Family Planning
Holy Sex!: A Guide to Toe-curling, Mind-blowing, Infallible Loving by Dr. Gregory and Lisa Popcak
Spice up Your Marriage: A 28-day Adventure by Hallie Lord
My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints by Dawn Eden
The Sinner’s Guide to Natural Family Planning by Simcha Fisher
I thought it would be helpful to post my interview prep for this particular episode. We covered almost all of these topics, plus some lagniappe.
- The basics of Creighton FertilityCare and NaPro technology
- Healing and health/fertility ‘miracles’ you have experienced with clients as a Creighton practitioner
- Discussion of the “achieve or postpone” principle of Creighton, and why that is in line with Catholic teaching on marriage and family
- How couples can misunderstand or abuse NFP
- Is Creighton the right method for every couple? How can couples discern what the right method for them is? What factors can have a play in what’s best for you?
- Married Catholic sex – The early years of marriage versus later years in marriage. What are the different struggles for couples at different ages?
- What virtues does NFP challenge couples to grow in? What kinds of situations and seasons of life give rise to struggles that challenge growth in virtue for wives and also for husbands?
- What words of hope can we give listeners who are struggling with intimacy in their marriages?
- What is your best advice to a couple just starting out in marriage and establishing their sex life with respect for the Church’s teaching on family planning?
- Are there any Scripture passages, saints, speakers or authors that have helped you in the area of married love?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I also listened to this particular podcast twice! Once when it first came out and then again yesterday! It is perfect for my current “season in life” as you say, and is exactly what I needed to hear right now. Danielle’s words are both informative and encouraging. Thank you for this episode.
Erin Franco says
So awesome! I have so been there. Hugs from Baton Rouge:) P.S. Thanks for your email!
Desert Sunsets says
This podcast was so beautiful I had to listen to it twice. This is what I needed to hear at this time in my life. Thank you.
Erin Franco says
Oh goodness–praise God that this episode touched your heart like that! Thank you for sharing. I, too, really needed to hear this stuff at one point in my life. Hope and peace be with you.