I’ve starting practically writing an entire blog post in my little “This Week” section on the left-hand side of my blog lately, so I decided I need to start posting This Weeks as regular posts as well. 🙂
Here’s what life is like in my neck of the woods this week:
- Finally got through organizing all those baby clothes–and the rest of my laundry. Funny how, as I type, there’s ANOTHER two-foot pile of laundry hanging out on the recliner next to me…
- Michael is thrilled that I’ve been having cravings for all kinds of things…rotisserie chicken, fresh flour tortillas, grapes, vanilla milkshakes, and Taco Bell. He’s such a sweetie…more than happy to run out and get me whatever I want, and have some with me just to make me feel less guilty. 🙂
- We’ve been reading a lot more to Gabriel lately, and he finally seems to be interested in them (as opposed to seeing them as teething objects). He likes all of the “lift the flap” books best right now.
- We are officially donating Michael’s old SUV to our church on Wednesday. We are going to clean it up as best we can tomorrow. I will miss that old car…it was the car Michael has had since I’ve known him, and I have lots of memories in it–especially from that first summer at Kahdalea/Chosatonga!
- My brother and sister-in-law, Chris and Jenay, are coming to live with us for a month, starting this weekend! Chris is doing a traveling rotations program for his fourth year of med school, and he found a doctor to work with for February right down the street in Nassau Bay. Michael and I absolutely thrilled to have this special time to get to know them better. Chris and Jenay are a wonderful, faith-filled couple and they are both amazing people to boot. I’m also pretty excited for Jenay to teach me all kinds of baking and cooking secrets (like how to make homemade king cake!) Having them here will also be a huge blessing, I think, to help me with Gabriel while I’m feeling somewhat less than my best right now. Check out Jenay’s blog, Franco Family Adventures, at http://jenayolivia.blogspot.com/.